Welcome to the Project

Remember when all Morpheus wore was that gray leotard? Let's get him into something a little more comfortable.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Les Roy: 7 Day Summary

My first task was to distinguish what was what on the UV layout already on Morphy's body mesh.


Then I was given Joe's first pass of the cowboy suit and I started to UV it.. A little into the UV process, I wondered why I was doing UVs when it was only the first pass, so I brought it up with Dave. I then stopped to wait for the final product, but as I can see Joe is taking care of it..

My next task was to create the texture for Catie's template suit. The suit wasn't working in Zbrush, so I started to do it the old, original way through Photoshop.. It looked god aweful.


Rodney was available so we were able to fix the speed suit, so I brought it into Zbrush.





Right now, I'm waiting for more assets to become available for texturing. I'm just trying to keep myself busy until the compositing side of things come into play. It's kind of hard when the main skill set for this project is modeling, which isn't exactly my forte (to put it into nicer terms..) Looking ahead, I'm excited for the future compositing to be done :)





3 comments:

Catie VG said...

Oh wow! That's pretty much what I drew and you got it down perfect! Great job. I figured this one would be pretty tough...
Definitely not something I'd want to texture in Zbrush, that's for sure...

Ruby said...

great problem solver!!

David Latour said...

Sorry that the comp work never arrived, Les. I would have loved to see you in your primary role. As the marketing material from the project gets rendered, there will be comping to be done. Keep in touch and let me know if you have any spare time.